MIL (previously known as Sørlandslab) is a central element in the University of Agder’s vision to become a global high competence centre for mechatronics and the development of new materials. To be able to contribute to the establishment of a test lab for this purpose is well adapted to the company’s vision «Pride in development», as well as the company’s long-term plan to contribute to further development of technology- and competence in Campus Grimstad.
- become an international leading centre for innovation, piloting and technology qualification within mechatronics and other related fields
- not be linked to a specific industry but rather address a wide range of industries and technology companies – regionally, nationally and internationally
- be an arena for collaboration in technological research and innovation
- contribute to the further development of UiA as a driving force for development in collaboration with companies and clusters such as NODE, Eyde and Digin.
- offer world class research infrastructure and attract international partnerships and projects
- become a national pilot test laboratory
- be an arena for innovation, prototyping and testing of ideas for business development
- integrate students in a dynamic environment with exciting development activities
These test facilities are important for a company’s innovation power and therefore important for securing position to the oil – and technology clusters located in Agder.
- Localisation close to the existing University building on Campus Grimstad
- The regulation plan was approved in August 2015 and the detailed planning process is fully underway. Construction start is estimated winter 2016.
- 20 million NOK funding has been granted in the revised national budget in 2015
- Preliminary commitments of 50 million NOK worth of services from industry over 5 years.
- Other financial and organizational models are under clarification
- Approximately 10 000 square meters under completion (first construction stage approximately 3 600 m2.)
Please contact Egil Andre Mortensen (Tel: +47 992 94 080 /email@example.com) for further information about this project.